Crane Hire | J&M Crane & Transport
Under the terms of a standard CPA Crane Hire Agreement, the crane and the operator are the responsibility of the customer once the crane leaves the public highway in order to access site. This includes travel on any access roads in the event that the site is not immediately adjacent to the public highway.
The customer's Appointed Person is responsible for planning the lift and all the personnel and equipment involved. In addition, under CPA model conditions, the customer must provide insurance cover for the following:
- loss of damage to our plant and equipment whilst on site and under the customer's control;
- loss of or damage to the goods being lifted;
- continuing hiring charges whilst the equipment is unable to work as a result of loss or damage;
- legal liability - injury to the driver / operator whilst under the supervision and control of the customer along with injury to third parties, including damage to their property, arising from crane operations.
For hires under CPA Crane Hire agreements, it is important to note the following;
- the customer's Appointed Person must have the knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the lifting operation;
- the crane owner must supply a competent operator and crane fit for the intended purpose. BS7121
- Safe Use of Cranes gives a full description of such responsibilities.
* PLEASE READ OUR "MODEL CONDITIONS FOR THE HIRING OF PLANT"